My name is Benjamin Stock. I'm here to make you laugh. Or cry. Or both. Or neither. Film for me is like a stream; I have been selected by forces beyond my control to sail it forever. What forces, you may ask? I wish I knew. Maybe it's genes. Maybe it's a movie I saw growing up. But the mystery I want to solve is not where I came from as an artist, but where I am now. Truth is, I'm not quite sure. I believe I have a great talent and a unique viewpoint on reality, born out of years of trials, tribulations, and a general strangeness in all things. I consider myself inspired by the wisdom of Star Trek, the whimsy of Doctor Who, and the soulfulness of Spielberg, and yet there is something else that inspires me. Something that I cannot define. I have long tried to determine what it was, but then I realised how reductive it would be. But I do believe that everyone is put on Earth for a reason, and my worldview and my destiny are deeply intertwined. Some nights, I smile at myself in the mirror and find myself perpetually confused and enthralled by the young man grinning back at me, a confidently cheeky twinkle in his eye. Every time I look at that young man's face, I'm left feeling insufferably engaged, and yet perplexed anew. There are mysteries in that face, etched into those lines, and they demand answers. I am my mission.

Comments

Popular Posts